Saturday, January 21, 2012

1st week at the Bakery...

The transition from a home kitchen to a bakery has been exciting & overwhelming!  I completely spaced taking photos of the 1st two cakes that I decorated.  The 1st was a Cream Cheese Iced Banana Cake (1/2 sheet) and the 2nd was a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream & a Yellow Rose (full single flat sheet).

I took Thursday OFF as I had a family birthday party to prep for - THREE CAKES!  One for each of the kiddos celebrating their birthday!
 All THREE Cakes...
Orange Blossom Teapot for Alyssa!
 Don't Feed the Monkey for Michael!
A Giant Lego BLock for Chris!

Friday I was back for the last day for Week 1 at the Bakery...and this time I remembered to snap a pic!  This was a Full Sheet Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Filling & Chocolate Buttercream Icing.  Happy Birthday Tom!!
It was a GREAT first week!  I am still in the adjustment stage but I am LOVIN' it!  And, I have enjoyed watching the other bakery items being made.  This has been a great opportunity & I am excited for the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment