Monday, June 27, 2011

Jeep Cake

My hubby turned 35 and last year I made him a cake that was a simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that said 'Happy Belated Birthday'.  I was going to make him a 3-D Jeep Cake but I had another cake (see previous post) and his Birthday BBQ to prep for so instead he got a GIANT cake version of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cake - with the Jeep logo!
Jeep Cake
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Chips,
Whipped Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese Filling,
and Chocolate & Vanilla Buttercream Frosting!
 Emi wanted to help make it so she stood on a chair next to the counter as I mixed all the ingredients.  As I was putting the Peanut Butter chips into the Chocolate Cake she, of course, had to eat a few hand fulls of them!  She also had to eat a spoonfull of Peanut Butter when I made the Whipped Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese Filling.  And, when I was frosting the cake, she kept bonking my hand so a few of the 'grill' lines got a little crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment